Thursday, March 24, 2011

Out with the Old, in with the New

I started blogging in mid 2006; at first just posting pictures of my artwork, then slowly expanding to narratives, and finally posting my thoughts on art in general. Then I started another blog, then another, then Flickr, Twitter and Facebook. Followed by website redesigns, newer and fancier digital cameras, Flip video and YouTube.

I have no idea if anyone listens or looks at my online persona, but it's a creative outlet that prior to the explosion of technological sharing, I could never have imagined.

Which leads to the dilemma of staying up with technology that's changing at the speed of light. Quite frankly, it's impossible. But I've never shied from a challenge. The whiter and bigger the canvas, the more my paintbrush twitches!

But that's not really why I'm posting. It's to let you know I've switched my blogging platform over to a new, combined website and blog. All these explosions of technology have created an environment of online 'aggregates'. Sounds like a concrete walkway, but what it means is consolidating a whole bunch of similar things in one place. Which is what I've done, so I save more time for painting!

You're  invited to join my new website and blog at http://www.mariewise.com/. There's a little Subscribe link at the top right. If you want to get my blog posts from now on, you'll need to click it. I'll be doing the same thing I've done here for five years, which is writing about my artwork and art in general.

I hope to see you there. It's been a great Art Journey!

2 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I like your blog! Great work on the paintings (clicked them)...I started blogging just last month. New to blogger...Daniel

mrk3nx said...

nice, great work