Thursday, February 03, 2011

February First Thursday

Examples of Artwork seen at The Broadway Gallery, February 2011

I attended my first First Thursday gallery opening in 2011 at The Broadway Gallery. It was a show of Fiber Artwork just bursting with color, along with all of the other artwork on display. I snapped a few photos to share with you.

At the top are colorful origami mixed media mobiles by Diane Springer. She has a way with folded paper.

Below is a quilted Red Poppy by one of the Fiber artists. It won 1st or 2nd prize. Beautiful!

After that is one of Di Morgan's silk kimonos. Such lovely colors.

Second from the bottom is a pair of woodturned candlesticks by Mike Smith. They are rather classy.

And at the bottom is pastel-toned ceramic ware by Sandy Brown. The colors are soothing.

I enjoyed my evening!

No comments: