Sunday, December 05, 2010

Washington Landscapes for the Twitter Art Exhibit - on display at MossBibliotek



The Twitter Art Exhibit at Moss Library (Moss Bibliotek), Moss, Norway

I met artist David Sandum on Twitter when I spotted his tweet about an exhibit of 140 paintings (to represent the140 characters allowed in a tweet) to raise funds for a library in his home town of Moss, Norway. Libraries are near and dear to my heart, as is painting!

So I sent off my two little paintings and waited. Then yesterday David tweeted that the show was up and very successful, with pictures on Flickr and artists around the world tweeting it out to their friends! The original exhibit was designed to allow 140 artists to show artworks (again with the 140 character symbolism), but there ended up being over 240 artists participating!

All this from tweeting and blogging! The photos above are downloaded from Moss's Bibliotek flickr set, only I added little arrows pointing to my paintings.

It's amazing to me that I was able to show my little Washington landscapes in Moss Norway, along with artists from all over the world. I feel connected, in a global sort of way, to a sort of inner consciousness that binds artists together. We all came together and made a difference to a little library in Norway. Now that's the power of social media!

1 comment:

Bonnie Heather said...

That is so neat. Thanks for posting about it.