Friday, December 03, 2010

Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership - Annual Art Gala

Annual Art Gala
December 4, 2010Portland Art Museum

For the second year I've been invited to join the artists supporting the Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership through an Annual Art Gala. It's very gala, held at the Portland Art Museum and featuring many prominent public figures. The artists get to feature their artwork for sale throughout several lobby and reception areas during a pre-dinner cocktail hour, and this year (for the first time) after the dinner as well.

Last year was a great success. This year looks better than ever, with a calm and clear weather report, and many beautiful artworks. I created a collage (above) of some of the floral paintings I'll be featuring. The artists contribute 50% of their sales directly towards the Estuary Partnership's outdoor programs. Living so near the beautiful and scenic Columbia River, you can imagine how important this is.

I'll update my blog with photos taken at the event, along with my set up, and of course let you know how many artworks are sold. Wish me luck!

Links to last year's Gala:
Reach for the Columbia Annual Art Show & Sale
Reach for the Columbia: Celebrating Art and Artists of the Columbia River

1 comment:

Johnalex said...

beautiful art Flower paintings