Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Washington Landscapes for the Twitter Art Exhibit

Washington Landscape 1 and 2 - watercolor - 4 x 6 postcard paintings
I'm on Twitter a lot and so are other artists. We're a friendly and supportive bunch. I like the twitter chatter about art supplies, museums, photos and exhibits.

So when Twitterer David Sandum announced he was having a Twitter Art Exhibit in Moss, Norway to raise funds for the local public library, I decided to join. Moss, Norway is a long way from me. I had to look it up on a map. But the call was for postcard-sized paintings, which are easy to ship, and I've always had a soft spot for libraries, being that they were my best friends growing up.

These are my two little postcard paintings; watercolor, done of the Columbia River Gorge landscape that seems to capture my attention so much. I shipped them today; cost me $3.71 via the USPS. The post office guy was nice and did a price comparison so I'd get the best rate.

They'll be auctioned along with all the other postcard paintings being sent from around the world.

It amazes me that all these artists that don't even know each other can join in on something like this. That's the web, connecting us all together!

No comments: