Friday, July 09, 2010

Pet Portraits and Floral Commission - on the customer's wall!




I don't always get to see how my paintings look after shipping them unframed to the customer. This time I got to see the final result!

Recently I completed several pet portraits and floral studies in watercolor, along with an oil floral. I'd never done pet portraits before, and don't really advertise my watercolors, so I was really happy that the customer liked them enough to send pictures of them framed and hanging in her home!

The top image shows the pet portraits: Buddy and Tator - here's the original blog post, done on hot-pressed watercolor paper and framed by the customer. She did a nice job! Below are close ups of each framed portrait.

The last image is the watercolor study for a larger oil painting of Hibiscus blossoms - here's the original blog post. I did the watercolor to show the customer what her finished painting would resemble, and allow her to make any changes to the color scheme and composition, before I started the oil version. She liked the watercolor study so much she purchased it too!

It's nice to know that my artwork is making someone happy! Thank you to this special customer for sending these pictures to me.

No comments: