I'm working on a commissioned oil painting of some beautiful Hibiscus blossoms. This is my second watercolor study to work out the colors and shapes. In the first study there was a blossom at the bottom right, but I removed it and added leaves and stems. I also added in a bud plus two unopened buds at the top right.
The client also said she thought the first study was too red. So I toned down the pink and added more cools so the shadow areas would be evident.
I think I am ready to start on the oil painting, but I'll await my client's feedback on whether she likes this composition. Personally I like it much better.
If you're so inclined, you can see all of my paintings in progress on Facebook!