Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer - oil on canvas - 10 x 20

In early December I heard Susan Boyle sing Daydream Believer and knew immediately that I had to have the song. I downloaded the whole album from iTunes and started listening to it over and over, unable to get enough of her beautiful voice.

About the same time I combed through my repertoire of figure photography for a new subject. Having just finished Blue Angel, I didn't want anything too dark. The song seemed to be my mantra as I looked for something dreamy and daylightish.

The result is this small painting, which I named after the song, because I played it constantly the whole time I was painting. You can draw your own conclusions, but to me, the sunshine is falling gently upon the strong and sturdy shoulders of this young woman, who deserves to have all her daydreams come true!

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

beautiful--I especially like her hair!