Monday, January 18, 2010

October Wind #4

October Wind #4 ~ 18 x 24 ~ oil on panel
It's been three months since I took that scenic drive through Klickitat County on the Columbia River Gorge and was so inspired by the colors that I started another series of wind paintings. This is the fourth painting, which began last November, but with the holidays and a commissioned portrait, got inevitably delayed.
If you can imagine, the Gorge hills in October really are this color, and the tops are peppered with hundreds of wind turbines, churning and turning in the robust wind.
Recently I learned that the largest wind project in the world will be built in Oregon. At 845 megawatts, it outstrips all the other wind farms in the world. Unfortunately for Oregon (and Washington), the electricity will be shipped to California. Hmmm. Also, I wonder which Columbia River port will handle the turbine imports. That will be a big job!
I hope to complete a couple more paintings in this series, then hopefully my gallery in Hood River will agree to a show next October. At least I'm working on it!
Here's the other paintings:
October Wind #1 (formerly Klickitat Wind)
Check out my new book: 'Power of the Wind', and join my Facebook Fan Page to see paintings in progress!
~ I will keep the brush happy in my hand! ~

4 comments:

Wong Shih Yaw, Abraham said...

I like the colours!

Wong Shih Yaw, Abraham said...

I like the colours!

Gary Keimig said...

Nice blog Marie.
Really like your last post, Blue Angel.

Celeste Bergin said...

That would make a great exhibit! When I first saw the turbines--I thought they should be "exalted" somehow. You've certainly done it. Great job.