Saturday, January 02, 2010

Blue Angel

Blue Angel - 24 x 36 - oil on canvas
A second Angel painting and my first painting of the New Year! She's been in the works for several months, but I finally finished her today. Hopefully she'll hang with my other angel painting.

I think the bluebird has something to say!

The flesh tones were developed with a new flesh-tone palette I'm using based on Michael De Brito's paintings (and technique) featured in the January issue of The Artist's magazine.

I also had a love affair with blacks and browns while doing this painting. They really are amazing colors.

Happy New Year. I hope to paint more figures in 2o10.
~ I will keep the brush happy in my hand! ~

2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

well....this is flat out fantastic! Simply a brilliant painting!

Michelle said...

Wow, this is exquisite! Beautiful flesh tones...I'll have to check out the palette!