Thursday, January 28, 2010

59 Chevy Artwork Donated to Haitian Relief Art Auction

'59 Chevy - 16 x 20 - original oil on canvas
Opening bid price $150

Through Twitter I have the privilege of participating in the first ever online art auction to benefit victims of the Haiti earthquake! My painting '59 Chevy, has been donated to the 140 Hours of Fame Gallery, for auction in the Haitian Relief Auction. Funds raised will go to International Medical Corps Worldwide (IMC).
An innovated New York based art gallery, 140hours, is pioneering the auction, in which people will bid on the paintings using Tweetbid (Twitter) technology. A host of artists from all over the world are participating.
The auction begins on January 29 and will last for 140 hours. Here are all the artworks in the Haitian Relief Auction. My painting is on the left, second row from the bottom. My opening bid price is $150.
'59 Chevy is a stylized interpretation of the reflective surface on a cherry red 1959 Chevrolet, and is the last unsold painting from my series of automobile themed paintings done in 2006 for the Bow Tie Bash Car Show held in Longview, Washington. All of the other paintings in the series have been acquired by vintage auto enthusiasts.
I'm proud and happy to be participating in such a worthwhile event! You can also see the painting on my Web site and follow the auction on 140hours on Twitter. If you want to be a bidder just follow the instructions at 140 Hours of Fame.
Special thanks to Gary Brant of 140 Hours of Fame for making this auction possible! I hope it is as successful as many of the other fund-raising efforts designed to help victims of the Haiti earthquake. I am very grateful to be participating!

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

my brother owned a 59 pontiac..black and white..it was the prettiest thing I had ever seen..the shape is very much like this. You did a wonderful job of it. I hope it sells for lots of money!

Robin Weiss said...

Great painting and great cause! I guess I,m going to have tweet or twit or whatever.....=]

Hi Marie!

Art Trip said...

Nice work! Was looking at the othr posts.