Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reach for the Columbia, Celebrating Art and Artists of the Columbia River, Art Show & Sale


Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership
Annual Reach for the Columbia
Art Show and Sale
I participated in the Reach for the Columbia Annual Art Show and Sale on Saturday, November 14, sponsored by the Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership. According to Steve Harvey, board vice-chair for the partnership, this is the first year they've included an art show with their annual dinner. I certainly hope they do it again! In my opinion it was a spectacular evening. There were 280 registered guests for the dinner, and 20 artists participating in the show. It was held in the Portland Art Museum, a very gala and elegant location.
The art show took place during the cocktail hour prior to dinner, so guests had time to stroll through all the artist displays. Displays were located on three floors, and I was on the third floor. I had the privilege to meet and chat with many people connected to the river through their jobs, and to wind energy specifically. I even ran into some of my port colleagues! At several points during the show, the room was packed to the gills with guests!
I was very pleased to sell two paintings and a handful of cards, and many other artists had a number of sales! So although my contribution was comparatively small, I feel proud that I helped support an important cause, the preservation of the Lower Columbia River estuary. I hope to have the privilege of participating next year!
To all the staff that planned and organized this event, including Windy Hovey, Maggie Codding Jones, and Laura O'Keefe, plus others I didn't get to meet, you did a fabulous job! Every detail was attended to, and all the artists were taken care of in grand manner. Thanks so much! You guys are the best!
Here's aphoto album of all the pictures I took. Sorry if I missed anyone!
or see it in slideshow mode
Don't forget to join my facebook fan page!
PS: Thanks for all your ideas on what I should wear. I ended up taking my best friend Irene's suggestion to wear a 'clear blue like the Columbia' clean-lined dress! It worked perfectly!

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

Happy to become a "fan"--and what a nice event! Congratulations!