Saturday, November 07, 2009

Reach for the Columbia Annual Art Show & Sale


Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership
Annual Reach for the Columbia Dinner

Art Show and Sale

I'm participating in an exciting art show next Saturday, sponsored by the Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership. It's a non-profit organization in Portland that works to preserve and enhance the water quality of the Columbia River estuary. Back in my port days I recall coordinating tours for several groups connected to the partnership.
Steve Harvey, a friend from the Cowlitz Wahkiakum Council of Governments, is on the estuary board of directors, and recommended me for the art show. Subsequently the partnership invited me to participate and I was honored to say yes!
It promises to be an exciting evening at the Portland Art Museum, with invited guests including US Representatives Brian Baird, Earl Blumenauer and David Wu. I hope they like artwork!
I'm planning to feature some of my best nautical and wind paintings, along with one floral, and have my new book, Power of the Wind, available. Allan picked up four wooden easels on sale, and we have a couple of table-top easels as well.
I'm excited to meet the estuary staff that so far I've only talked to on the phone or in e-mail. They've done a fabulous job of coordinating things with me, and I appreciate how organized they've been.
I promise to take pictures to share with you. Geez, I wonder what I should wear? Maybe all black like Georgia O'Keeffe?

2 comments:

LaValle and Amy said...

Black is always good!
Looking forward to your follow-up posts.
LaValle

Celeste Bergin said...

Oh yes..make it black! This is very exciting...can't wait to see the photos. Congratulations! You deserve it!