Sunday, October 18, 2009

October Wind #2


This is continuation of my October Wind series. I started it in early October and originally named it Klickitat Wind because all the wind turbines are in Klickitat County, Washington. Then I decided to rename it because the most intriguing component of this series (aside from the turbines themselves), are the gold, brown and orange fall colors. I wanted to tie it into the time of year, instead of the location.

This piece is small, painted directly on an oil primed panel, and is pretty true to the colors I actually saw. I like it because it is very painterly, with lots of loose brushstrokes.

I Googled 'klickitat county wind turbines' and found this DJC.com article that says Klickitat County is becoming the Northwest's wind farm capital.

Amazing!

Check out my new book: 'Power of the Wind', and join my Facebook Fan Page to see paintings in progress!

No comments: