Saturday, October 10, 2009

October Wind #1


I haven't painted a wind turbine in 10 months! Last weekend we drove home from Kennewick on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge. The hills were golden ochre, the sky was blue/grey, and wind turbines were churning on both sides of the river. I've never seen so many! I spent most of the trip snapping pictures through my passenger side window. A couple of times Allan stopped, thinking we could take a side road into a wind farm, but they were fenced off. We were in Klickitat County.

The colors were so magnificent that I had to sit down and paint when I got home. This is my first in the series--at least the series I hope to paint! It was painted directly, in one evening, on an oil primed panel that I'd prepared last January.

Here's some of the photos I snapped, and here's the book of all my previous wind turbine paintings. Looks like I'm back to 'painting the wind'!

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

the first time I ever saw a batch of these, all I could think of was Twilight Zone. I do love them--it is clear that you do too. Beautiful!