Friday, September 04, 2009

New Florals in Progress: Sunflowers and Sweetpeas!


Sharon's Sweetpeas - oil on panel - 12 x 24 - top image (in progress)
Sunflower: Unborn - oil on canvas - 16 x 15 - bottom (in progress)

A day of relaxation for me, ah bliss, where I have nothing scheduled but painting (and blogging). So I decided to take the opportunity to share two of my paintings in progress: Sharon's Sweetpeas and Sunflower: Unborn.

In addition to these two, I've started a third painting. It's a figure study based on feedback from the Naked Winery. The owner told me recently how much he likes my paintings, which gave me inspiration to return to my first painting love; figures. Hopefully, Naked Winery will like my new work enough to hang it!

Recently I've become interested in the Naked Winery's marketing strategy; marketing high-end wines with scintillating names. It's very creative, with obviously successful results. The family-owned business is focused on creating great wines; the wine is fabulous, and the names of the wines, well let's just say you'll smile when you hear them! If you ever get to Hood River visit their tasting room on 2nd Avenue.

~ I will keep the brush happy in my hand! ~

2 comments:

Twylla said...

I haven't been to the Naked Winery, but the name DOES make me smile and I go through Hood River quite often so I must visit! And can't wait to see more of your paintings.

Sumabokemo said...

I've been to the Naked Winery and I simply LOVE your sweet peas!