Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I love my Mojito enough to paint it!



my Mojito - three versions - oil on canvas paper - 2.5 x 3 inches
I posted a photo of my favorite cocktail, Mojito, on my Facebook page. A friend said "You should paint that ". So I did. Three times.
It's easy to make small paintings! Not a big investment in materials, or time. My favorite is the top one, which came last. It's looser and brighter, which is what I was trying for.
Here's the recipe for my Mojito, from the Bacardi Web site:
INGREDIENTS
1 Part BACARDI Rum
3 Parts Club Soda
12 Mint Leaves
1/2 Lime
1/2 Part Sugar
INSTRUCTIONS
Place 12 mint leaves, 1/2 part sugar and 1/2 lime in a glass. Muddle well with a pestle. Add BACARDI, top off with club soda, stir well and garnish with sprigs of mint or a lime wheel.
If you buy a bottle of Bacardi rum, it comes with the pestle. I always use fresh mint leaves from my garden, and a whole lime (even though the recipe calls for 1/2).
~ I will keep the brush happy in my hand - especially while drinking my Mojito! ~

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

well, I love painting small (I'm no "miniature" painter ..but I like 8 x 10 and 9 x 12!) You are right...it takes so much less time to cover the canvas! Your cocktails paintings are festive!