Friday, August 28, 2009

Rhody #11

Rhody #11 - oil on panel - 16 x 20
Every time I get into a discussion about my rhododendron paintings, someone asks me what happened to, you know, my painting (meaning theirs, which refers to everyone who's made a claim on Rhody #7). I sold it sold several years ago to a local collector. I don't know how it came to belong to so many people, except Allan, who I admit, I gave it to, then sold it to someone else. Shame. I've regretted that ever since. But I was informed recently that I'd also promised it to Sam! Which I don't remember doing, but that doesn't mean I didn't. So double shame on me, because I gave it to Allan, then promised it to Sam, then sold it out from under both of them!
Lucky the collector that got it!
So Rhody #11 is my attempt to recreate Rhody #7, my masterpiece, or so those who claim it as theirs keep telling me. In process I discovered it's almost impossible to recreate a masterpiece. A masterpiece isn't created, it just happens. And this one doesn't come anywhere near masterpiece, but here it is anyway. You be the judge. And Sam, if you want to lay claim on it, better speak up now, because Allan hasn't claimed it yet, nor has anyone else!
~ I will keep the brush happy in my hand! ~

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

Hey Marie...rhody #7 is a stunner...! I am liking this one as well..is it finished?