Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Therese Tice's painting ~ longing for the tropics!

A friend finished her teaching schedule for the year and jetted off to Hawaii. While there she visited artists and did all the fun-in-the-sun activities I wish I could do. She sent me this painting by an artist she'd met; Therese Tice. It seems so familiar. There used to be a Hawaiian store in Kalama, and I recall seeing a print resembling this painting. Of course, the store went out of business long ago, so I can't check, and I haven't been to Hawaii in ages. I Googled Therese Tice and didn't find anything, so I decided to give Therese's painting it's first Web exposure!

I like this painting, it feels comfortable, like someone I know painted it. If anyone knows about Therese Tice's artwork, let me know and I'll link to it.

Aside from that, I've had little time for painting. My father has been ill, I'm getting ready for a family reunion, and the flowers need watering every evening. Hopefully I can get back to painting soon.

World's Oldest Blogger
I haven't been so busy though, that I missed a Time magazine article about Maria Amelia Lopez, the world's oldest blogger at 97. They called her Spain's granny blogger (she was from Spain). Sadly, she died recently, but it just goes to show, connecting via the Web is for any age. Good for you, Maria!

Here's her blog ~ in Spanish: http://amis95.blogspot.com/
Here's the CNN article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/05/22/spain.world.oldest.blogger/
Here's the Times article: http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article6344077.ece

~ I will keep this blog happy in my hands! ~

4 comments:

ERIC SHACKLE said...

I agree that Maria Amelia Lopez Solino was a remarkable women who will be sorely missed by the blogosphere.


Former pin-up girl Margaret Caldwell (102) who writes a weekly column for the Desert Valley Times, of Mesquite, Nevada, is the world's oldest columnist.

Randall Butisingh (96), a poet, writer and philosopher born in British Guiana (now Guyana) and living in Florida, is probably the world's oldest blogger. For details, see
http://tinyurl.com/qdzsy2

Kat said...

Hi, Tracy is my older sister. Thank you for posting this picture of her painting. I think it is great for her to have some web exposure...she is very talented. And I just love this painting!

Andrew said...

I met Trace on Molokai a few years ago, and bought a small painting from her, as well as several t-shirts.

I went back again in May 2009, and tried to locate her, but she had left the island...

Very talented.

Kat - please tell her Andrew and Evan say "Hi".

MKKMana`o said...

Trace Tice is indeed one of the most talented artists I have ever had the honor to know. You can find more of her work at http://www.molokaispirit.com.