Monday, June 01, 2009

The Green Paper and my Klondike Wind Painting

Klondike Wind Turbines - oil on panel - 11 x 14
Tracy Laine stopped by my office last week and saw the postcard advertising my Power of the Wind show last January that featured this painting on the cover. She asked if I'd give permission to include it in the next issue of The Green Paper, a free monthly publication in Oregon and SW Washington. So I said, sure!
The Green Paper is all about renewable, recyclable and green information. It's published by Mollie Riley in Clatskanie, Oregon. The Green Paper blog is out-of-date, but the articles I read in the May issue seemed relevant to increased awareness of green issues such organic coffee, raw foods lifestyle, edible flowers and American's energy future.
My artwork appeared on the back cover of the paper, with this caption:
Local artist Marie Wise of Kalama, captures the power and beauty of wind energy in her oil painting entitled "Klondike Wind Turbines". For more information on this painting or other works of art by Marie Wise, visit www.mariewise.com.
So thank you to Tracy Laine and The Green Paper for featuring my artwork in the May issue!
Here's the painting on ReImaginations (online wind energy gallery)
~I will keep the brush happy in my hand~

No comments: