Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Painting on The 2009 Salal Review

Rhody - 24 x 30 - oil on canvas - 2003 (top)
The 2009 Salal Review - cover artwork (bottom)
I was honored this year when students and faculty advisors at Lower Columbia College selected my painting for the cover of the college's literary and arts magazine, The Salal Review.
The 2009 issue will be officially released at a launch party in the Student Center at the college on May 30 at 5:00 pm. I can't wait to get my copy and see the other artwork inside, plus read the stories and poems. I know one person who's poem was accepted and she is so excited to be published!
I read all of the previous issues of The Salal Review I could get my hands on, and found the selection of stories and poems to be thought-provoking, sensitive and inspiring. I think the students and faculty do a wonderful job with this publication, and I'm honored to grace the cover.
More about The Salal Review
~ I will keep the brush happy in my hand ~

No comments: