Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mary's Poppies - Day 6, and Doreen's Poppies

Mary's Poppies - 30 x 40 - oil on canvas - Day 6 (top)
Doreen Fitzgibbon's Poppy painting (bottom)
~Work continues on my painting, bit by bit. I'm still blocking in the background colors and shapes.
One of my mailing list subscribers e-mailed me today to share that I'd inspired her to create her own poppy painting. See Doreen Fitzgibbon's painting (above). Doreen says she's 86 years old, still working in her garden (planting over a thousand flower plants) and painting! Wow! I hope I'm doing as well at that age. Thanks for sharing your work with me, Doreen! I love your painting.
In Doreen's words "We will keep the brush happy in our hands!"
On another painting note, Allan's been painting his blue glass, and his view from the Port. Lucky guy!

E-mail me if you'd like to subscribe to my list.

No comments: