Saturday, November 15, 2008

Power of the Wind - January 2009 - #2

Lower Columbia College Art Gallery
Rose Center for the Arts
January 8 - 23, 2009
Opening Reception, January 8: 4:30 - 7 pm
I spent the day attempting to get organized for the holidays, and making lists of everything I have to do before my Power of the Wind show.
I gessoed a canvas for the final painting, and started varnishing the finished paintings. Allan's been busy cutting mats and framing the gouache pieces, and he attached the hanging hardward to the back of the big paintings. He had to buy special hooks and wire at Home Depot because they are so heavy. He also got a really good deal on frames at Utrecht - they were half price!
There is so much to do. I want to have cards and posters for sale and my inventory is low so I'll have to make more.
On top of that Allan and I are working on our holiday card painting. This year I had the idea to make a painting together for our Christmas card. He wanted to paint sunflowers, since we love them, so he sketched some onto a small panel and I blocked them in. We're taking turns adding paint, and when we both feel like it's done we'll get our cards made.
I hope we can get everything done! I just need to relax and focus on painting. That's the fun part!
Paint the wind!

No comments: