White Creek Wind - 30" x 40" - oil on canvas
Here's the new painting I'm working on. From the top:
- Latest version, with umber tones blocked in on the canvas (it's ready for color now)
- Preliminary drawing on canvas with water soluable colored pencil
- Gouache study #1
- Gouache study #2
- Sketchbook page with idea notes
This painting was inspired by several sources:
- Photos Allan took of the White Creek wind turbines from 1-84 in the Gorge, on his way to the Tri-Cities
- Seeing the components for this wind farm unloaded from ships at the Port of Longview.
- Seeing the components for this wind farm being transported south on I-5 by schnable trailer for delivery to the construction site
- An article in the Longview Daily News about the White Creek Wind project.
Stay tuned for more posts on this painting!