Friday, July 04, 2008

Nympheas No. 1

Nympheas No. 1 - 11" x 14" - oil on panel
Painted en plein air at Lake Sacajawea on Sunday, June 29. The paint is still wet one week later. Allan painted an even more delicate and lovely watercolor that day. I love it and want to frame it for my office.
Yesterday we took in First Thursday in downtown Portland. We fell in love with the plein air artist Phyllis Trowbridge at the Mark Woolley gallery. Her colors were lovely and muted with lots of vibrant grays. I wish I could paint like that. Allan might take a workshop from her at Portland Community College.
We were also intriqued by the garden/botanical creations of Tamara English.
And we stopped in at JAX to see my friend Katie's paintings of motherhood and children. It was a lovely July 3rd.
Today is July 4 and I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day.
Marie

1 comment:

Robin Weiss said...

Really lovely painting!!