Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cannon Beach on Friday




We took a late afternoon trip to Cannon Beach on Friday and it turned out lovely. The sun finally broke through about 4 pm, right when we arrived. We found a nice quiet spot on the beach and painted for about an hour, then Allan wandered through the surf and took pictures, while I snoozed on the blanket! I did two little paintings in gouache (above) and the last shot is one Allan took of our actual view. You can see his paintings on his blog. They are quite nice watercolors. He's getting better all the time! Well, here's to the rest of this weekend. Marie

1 comment:

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Marie! I love Cannon Beach!...But I usually get wind blown sand stuck all over my canvas!...the figures in the photos are great! especially the dogs running...

Nice little painting of Haystack!!