Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sunset Wind

Sunset Wind - 5" x 7" - oil on panel
Here's another small painting. I was inspired by a photograph I found on flickr. This photo doesn't do it justice. The colors are actually more vibrant than I could capture with my camera. But with the ever gloomy Washington weather we've been having, it's hard to take a photo outside in the natural sunlight, and inside with a flash just never turns out right.
I love bright colors, and I wanted to paint this colorful sky and clouds with the turbine shape and make it all loose and brushy. It was about the best time I ever had painting a wind turbine. Maybe that's because of the small size. It kind of takes the pressure off! I hope you like it. Here's to sunset winds! I wish I was in Hawaii!
~paint the wind~

1 comment:

Shelley Whiting said...

I love this picture. It's very loose and expressive. I especially love the red. very bright and bold. Beautiful and gorgeous work.