Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis at the RAKE Gallery, opening night, December 6, 2007.

My first Portland show was held at the RAKE Gallery during the month of December, 2007. Opening night was held on the first Thursday in December. I shared the show with another talented oil painter, Marcus Gannuscio. The gallery felt that our figure works complimented each other.

Note: this photo is a little fuzzy, due to having been taken through glass from a dimly lit sidewalk.





I wasn't sure what to expect as far as attendees, but a good crowd showed up in spite of the typically rainy and cold December weather. I was happily surprised by the arrival of some old friends, including one of Allan's closest college friends, several of my family members, and of course my art friends.





The theme of my show was Metamorphosis, as you can see by the lettering on the wall and windows in several photos. I think that all-in-all, it was a succesful show and good experience, and I am looking forward to a great relationship with the RAKE gallery in 2008.






The show ended December 29, but the gallery has moved five of my paintings to the Voleur Restaurant in Portland, where they will hang during the month of January. Voleur is located on the corner of SW Ash and First in downtown Portland.





Here are some views of the people who attended the opening night.







1 comment:

indiaartist said...

Wow, I can see the response was great. I looked at the pictures of your paintings hanging on a ribbon in the cafe. Can you explain how you have done that? Love your art and love the spectrum of subjects you handle.