Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hollingsworth Galleries

I had the most amazing oppportunity recently to reconnect with some of my mother's family in Arcadia, Florida. There I met again my cousin Debra (we played together as children), and discovered that she is a tremendously talented artist. She paints classical landscapes of her native Florida that are featured on her website at Hollingsworth Galleries and in Florida galleries.

Please take the time to visit Debra's beautiful paintings online, and you will experience a part of Florida that most tourists never get to see. The unique beauty of the traditional "deep South," has been captured in vivid colors and soothing scenes. I am so glad I had the chance to meet Debra again and to connect with her family. A lot of years have gone by, but through this short visit I feel like I know a little bit more about my mom, Claire, who passed away in 2003.

Marie Wise

No comments: