I realize I haven't posted the progress on this painting before. However, I was not satisfied with my first attempt, and this is the reworking.
I have just completed the second layer of flesh tones and the third layer of background tones. It will require a couple more layers, but the flesh tones are becoming more realistic as I am becoming more adept at mixing them. It is amazing how much yellow there is in flesh. I have had a tendency to make my flesh tones too pink. I am also realizing how much green there is in flesh, and that it is very easy to add too much! There is a delicate balance between warm and cool tones that in time I will be able to manage better.
You can view the progress on this painting by visiting my flickr photo site - week 1 - week 1 continued - week 2, week 3. Be sure to click the back button each time to return to this blog.