Sunday, September 10, 2006

Yellow Iris

I finished the final details on my Yellow Iris painting this weekend. It was inspired by the wild yellow irises that grow profusely around Lake Sacajawea in the spring. The paint is quite thick and the effect is almost impressionistic. You can see another of my wild iris paintings here. I hope to do a series of these paintings over time.

You can see me working on this painting in an article written by the Longview Daily News on June 29 about Longview's first artwalk.

This painting is a 12" x 24" oil on gallery-wrap canvas suitable for hanging without a frame. The edges are black. Hanging hardward is included.

This painting is for sale. If you are interested email with the name of the painting in the subject line. In time it will go up for auction on ebay.

1 comment:

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Nice fresh bright colors Marie. Just what one expects to see in the garden. Very uplifting with a slightly soft atmosphere. Thanks for posting.