Thursday, September 07, 2006

Monet's Butterfly Verdaccio

The verdaccio on these hands is complete. I tried to use a much lighter touch this time, and lighter paint mixtures so I wouldn't get everything too dark too soon.

I used quite a bit more white in the mixtures, and they looked really light on my palette, but then when I stroked them on the canvas they were much darker. It's hard for me to judge the tone I need.

You can see the outline of this painting in my August 27 post. Since then I learned that the outline isn't really necessary, just the pencil drawing. But since I had the outline done already, I decided to go ahead with the verdaccio.

My painting-a-day project is coming along, and I hope to start posting them next week. In the meantime I'm still working on my other paintings.

Many thanks to all the new painting-a-day artists I've met in the blog world. I've included links to their sites on my blog, and many of them have done the same for me. It's amazing how many wonderful artists there are out there, and I feel privileged to be associated with them.

No comments: