Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blue Iris

While I'm waiting for the daily paintings to dry, I thought I'd share this painting I did of some blue irises. Allan and I were at the Woodland tulip farm earlier this summer and there were beautiful bulb flowers growing profusely in the display garden. I snapped tons of pictures and this one inspired me to paint this painting.

Vincent Van Gogh did an iris painting that has a single white iris amongst other colored irises. I was probably subliminally inspired by the memory of it as I was painting.

This painting belongs to Allan. He likes it and I put it into a wooden frame. It hangs in our home.

Thanks for sharing. I'll be back to blogging after the Labor Day weekend. Take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! But dont forget to sign your pcs...and also be aware of re-printers...!
Nice idea though

Kath said...

I love this painting and how VanGogh inspired you to paint in the one lone white Iris. Beautiful in execution and composition too.

Kath said...

Absolutely love the VanGogh inspiration in Blue Iris and how well you exectuted both composition and color into such a lovely piece.

Kath said...

Absolutely love the VanGogh inspiration in Blue Iris and how well you exectuted both composition and color into such a lovely piece.

Marie Wise said...

Thank you Kath. Although this image doesn't show my signature (because it was taken before I signed it) I do sign all my paintings.

What is a "re-printer" though?