Sunday, August 06, 2006

Reassurance


Reassurance
Originally uploaded by Wise Girl.
This is my first hands painting. The underpainting is being done in a Grisaille. I hope to tone and refine all the colors as I go. Right now it's pretty rough, and I'm not sure I can pull it off. But I took a wonderful lesson yesterday from an artist who taught me about Verdaccio, the green underpainting used for flesh that gives realistic tones and depth. I never understood the concepts before, but I think I do now and I'm anxious to start a new painting. I also learned how to prepare my canvases and how to mix my own mediums and varnish. There are some definite recipes that I could not have figured out simply by trial and error. Hopefully, this will help me in my quest to find by "ouevre." as yours truly says. Special thanks to Pamela Green, a wonderful artist and teacher. She is helping me tremendously.

No comments: